Since coronavirus infections continue to rise in the US, we would like to keep you updated with the best medical advice for your child. Our goal is to minimize the spread to the community. Continue to stay home and avoid crowded places and public transportation when possible. If out in public, practice social distancing, good hand washing and the use of antiseptic hands gels.To reduce widespread transmission, schools have closed and public gatherings including sports and theater are cancelled. These small steps make a big difference in preventing further infections. During these times, try to limit your child’s exposure to others and keep your children on a regular schedule for eating, sleeping and doing schoolwork.
As a precaution, the following new policies are being implemented by our office:
- Until further notice, we will not be able to offer walk in visits; instead all sick visits will be scheduled with a provider via televisit. Please call the office if you think your child needs a sick visit.
- We may contact you to rearrange or reschedule routine visits; if your child is scheduled for a routine visit and becomes sick, please call to speak with a triage nurse.
- Since we are experiencing a large volume of calls, we ask for your patience if it takes longer than usual to return your call. Help us by leaving detailed information to process prescription refills and to reduce the number of callbacks.
- Upon arrival to our office, please answer screening questions a second time. To keep exposure risks low, please comply with our staff’s request go to a specific area of the waiting room or office.
- We would like to limit the number of people in our waiting room. When possible, try to arrange for children who do not have an appointment to stay home. The same for parents or caretakers who are at higher medical risks; they too should avoid coming to the office.
Please remember, although we have to limit exposure risks, we are available to you for support and resources throughout this health crisis.
PLEASE CLICK THE LINK BELOW FOR MORE INFORMATION